[Freeipa-users] service account for ovirt

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Wed Nov 18 14:51:50 UTC 2015

On 11/18/2015 08:23 AM, Rob Verduijn wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've read a lot regarding service accounts on this mailinglist in the past.
> But it's rather unclear to me what is the current preffered method to
> create a service account for a service running on a different machine.
>
> In this case it would be  a service account for ovirt so that freeipa
> users can authenticate in the ovirt portal using their freeipa
> credentials.

It sounds like that you do not want system user account, but you are OK with
service account so that you can get a keytab for your oVirt instance. In that
case, simple

$ ipa service-add HTTP/frontend.ovirt.test
and
$ ipa-getkeytab ...
should be enough, right?

Maybe I just do not understand the use case.