[Freeipa-users] connection problems after reboot with unusual setting (Ubuntu 14.04 + freeipa docker)

Karl Forner karl.forner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 15:44:38 UTC 2015

Hello,

My server runs ubuntu 14.04 and uses sssd 1.12.5-1~trusty1.
The freeipa server runs inside a docker (an adelton/freeipa-server), and
the docker host pretends to be the freeIPA server by forwarding the
appropriate ports.

This works very fine.
But when I reboot my server (which is in a locked server room. r), I
struggle to connect to it.

I'm unable to connect using ssh onto it, using any kind of local or freeIPA
accounts onto it.
The DNS server (provided by freeIPA) works kine though (i.e. nslookup
server server works).

Fortunately, I have the monit web app running on the server that allows to
restart the ssh service.

After restarting ssh remotely. I am now able to connect to the server.
It seems that all works fine again once I restart sssd on the server.

I know this is a pretty complex setup, but do you have hints that could
help me have a usable server after reboot ?

Thanks,
Karl Forner