[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA 4.1 -> 4.2 replica upgrade process

Andreas Calminder andreas.calminder at nordnet.se
Mon Nov 30 09:12:14 UTC 2015

Hello!
This might be trivial but I want to double check the preferred way of
upgrading my ipa environment, I have 3 servers (Running Rhel 7.1, ipa
4.1), 1 acting as master with a ca (external certificate), the replicas
are also ca's, they're only syncing to and from the master, unaware of
each other. The replicas handle all client requests. The master also run
a one-way winsync agreement with one of our active directory servers.

For some reason I think that I should start by upgrading the replicas
and upgrade the master last, but I don't know why, I might have read it
in somewhere, long ago. Is this the preferred way, does order even
matter? The documentation just says /yum update ipa-server/ which seems
easy enough, but I'd rather double check.

Best regards,
Andreas