[Freeipa-users] CA installation failed on server

Christian Heimes cheimes at redhat.com
Mon Nov 30 17:22:42 UTC 2015

On 2015-11-30 17:48, Martin Basti wrote:
> If I did read logs right, there was ipa-server-installed, CA
> uninstallation failed and now IPA server install is failing because new
> CA cannot be installed due the old instance of CA.

Martin, you are right. Daniel didn't mention reinstallation in his
initial mail. You and me are aware of the details because we talked to
him on IRC. I just asked Daniel on IRC and he confirmed it. Rob couldn't
know the fact, hence the misunderstanding.

Robert, your workaround fixes uninstallation. But it doesn't fix an
already broken system. ipa-server --uninstall leaves the system in an
inconsistent state. It removes most of the CA but leaves entries in LDAP
ou=Security Domain,o=ipaca.