[Freeipa-users] admin loses access?

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Mon Oct 5 15:19:22 UTC 2015

Janelle wrote:
> On 10/5/15 7:39 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> Torsten Harenberg wrote:
>>> Hi Janelle,

>>> I am seeing the same, see my mail "kinit admin not working anymore
>>> (LOCKED_OUT: Clients credentials have been revoked)" from 03-SEPT.
>>> Actually, wasn't it you who wanted to open a ticket?
>>>
>>> Have a nice evening,
>>>
>>>    Torsten
>>>
>> When you see this run `ipa user-status admin` and `ipa pwpolicy-show
>> --user=admin` and provide that so we can potentially see what is going
>> on.
>>
>> rob
>>
> I am curious -- if you have 16 masters, but this only happens once in
> awhile on 1 or 2 servers, how does the pwpolicy fit in? I am trying to
> understand the thinking of where you are going?? I will for sure do this
> the next time it happens, but I want to understand logic?

Lockout is per-master because the failed auth count and successful login
date is not replicated due to performance issues.

The user-status command will collect the lockout attributes from each
server, but it doesn't do the calculations, so the pwpolicy is needed as
well in order to figure out whether on a given master the user is locked
out.

rob