[Freeipa-users] More replication fun

Janelle janellenicole80 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 17:28:31 UTC 2015

On 10/5/15 10:16 AM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On 05/10/15 11:11, Janelle wrote:
>> So here is a fun question -- how is this possible?
>>
>> from ipa-replica-manage list-ruv
>>
>> ipa002.example.com 389  6
>> ipa003.example.com 389  30   <----- ???? Huh???
>> ipa003.example.com 389  33   <-----
>> ipa004.example.com 389  24
>
> ipa003 was reinstalled but the RUV was not properly cleaned
>
> Simo.

So there is no conflict even with a duplicate like that? I mean the
server only physically exists once, so I guess it should not cause a
problem. I mean replication seems to be working, it just seems odd that
I saw that.  You would think that the normal ipa-replica-manage "del"
options would do all the proper cleaning, but apparently not.

Thanks for the clarification.
~J