[Freeipa-users] Searching for things in the UI no longer seems to work, neither does ipa host-find or hostgroup-find after schema upgrade to dogtag 10

Alex Williams alex.williams at brighter-technology.com
Wed Oct 7 07:49:57 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

yesterday I finally managed to get our IPA3.0.0 servers in a state that
I could upgrade the schema to dogtag 10, using the migration script and
launched a new RHEL7.1 IPA4.1 server as a replica. Unfortunately, in
both the new RHEL7.1 IPA4.1 server AND the old RHEL6.6 IPA3.0.0 server
that I replicated from (Also happens to be our CRL master), I can no
longer search for hosts or DNS entries, or host groups, either in the
UI, or on the command line.

They're there, they show up when you go to the hosts, dns or user page
in a list, but you cannot then refine the search. This is also true of
ipa host-find and ipa hostgroup-find on the command line. Is this a bug
in IPA4.1? Is it a schema issue? Is it just because we still have an
IPA3 server running the show and an IPA4 replica? I can't really justify
dropping our production IPA3 servers, if searching for records doesn't
work in IPA4.1.

I still appear to be able to search in the UI of one of our other IPA3
servers, despite the fact it has had its schema updated and it has been
connected to the new IPA4 server.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Cheers

Alex