[Freeipa-users] Free IPA to Microsoft AD 2008R2 trust question

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Tue Oct 13 08:46:13 UTC 2015

On Tue, 13 Oct 2015, Petr Spacek wrote:
> [...]
Yep. Let's say explicitly:
 - IPA machines cannot belong to any domain of AD forest -- in terms of
   DNS this means they cannot have A/AAAA records in any AD domain's DNS
   zone;
 - IPA machines may have CNAMEs in an AD domain's DNS zone that point to
   A/AAAA records in IPA DNS zones.

If you follow these two rules, you'll have single sign-on working
between IPA and AD through the cross-forest trust.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy