[Freeipa-users] How to install freeIPA client to many VMs?

zhiyong xue xuezhiy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 13:43:02 UTC 2015

  There are lots of VMs created from Openstack in our envrioment. And we
need to install IPA client on them.  I want to create a base image which
have installed IPA client, and generate VM from this image.

  When the VM first boot will auto register to IPA server. But the VM's
host name has no domain(not a FQDN) and failed to register.

   What's the right approach to install IPA client for VMs which cloned
from base image?

Thanks,
-- Brave