[Freeipa-users] How to config automembership for IP or subnet

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Wed Oct 14 14:29:07 UTC 2015

On 10/14/2015 03:33 PM, zhiyong xue wrote:
> The document said

Hi,

What document you have in mind?

> we can create automembership rule based by IP or subnet.
> But there's no any sample about it. Anyone know knows how to create them?

If the information/attribute is not in the LDAP entry for the Host, Automember
has no means of applying the rule and adding the membership. The only idea I
have now is that you could create the Host entries before ipa-client-install is
run, and manually set some attribute containing the subnet identification to
description os Host Class attribute that Automember could consume.