[Freeipa-users] Steps to rebuild a master node in IPA cluster

Andrey Ptashnik APtashnik at cccis.com
Wed Oct 21 21:11:44 UTC 2015

Hello IPA Team,

In one location we have IPA cluster based on CentOS 7.1  with IPA 4.1.0. One master and another replica. We noticed that Master node potentially has a corrupted database, some records cannot be deleted and IPA services crush one in a while. Second member (aka replica) is stable. We wanted to rebuild the Master node.

What are the correct steps to move master functions to the replica, retire the old master and rebuild it?

Regards,

Andrey Ptashnik