[Freeipa-users] How grant access to userPassword for System Accounts

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Tue Oct 27 07:50:52 UTC 2015

Hi John,

let me add that preferred way is to convince your 'solution' to do it in a
safe way. Also, FreeIPA does not store passwords in clear text so the
userPassword attribute should show only hashes and not clear text. It depends
on the 'solution' if it can deal with hashes or not.

Have a nice day.
Petr^2 Spacek

On 26.10.2015 18:05, German Parente wrote:

> Hi John
>
> you could add a particular ACI to allow any groupdn or userdn to read/search userPassword under the required tree. Something like:

> Regards,
>
> German.

Petr^2 Spacek