[Freeipa-users] How grant access to userPassword for System Accounts

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Tue Oct 27 15:38:59 UTC 2015

On Tue, 27 Oct 2015, John Duino wrote:
>Hmmm seems I have been misinformed, then. And then why does it have a
>field for 'mapping' the password? Well, I think that's off-topic for
>the list. I'll dig more later today.
My understanding is that sipxecs has several modes for verifying
passwords when users come from LDAP:
 - password is stored locally in sipxecs database and checked directly
 - password is stored in LDAP and checked by LDAP bind
 - password is complemented by PIN

The methods can be combined, but there is also LDAP migration which
means a local database is populated with data from LDAP, thus setting
initial values in the database based on LDAP values. I guess this is
where userPassword is coming into play and perhaps some option can be
used to say 'use default  password if no password is available in LDAP'.

I haven't configured sipxecs myself but I saw that in documentation,
IIRC.

>--
>John Duino

/ Alexander Bokovoy