[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA and Samba4

Troels Hansen th at casalogic.dk
Thu Oct 29 18:43:46 UTC 2015

I should think so:

On IPA server.

ipa role-show 'CIFS server'
Role name: CIFS server
Privileges: CIFS server privilege
Member services: cifs/tinkerbell.casalogic.lan at CASALOGIC.LAN

ipa privilege-show 'CIFS server privilege'
Privilege name: CIFS server privilege
Permissions: CIFS test, CIFS server can read user passwords
Granting privilege to roles: CIFS server

ipa permission-show 'CIFS server can read user passwords'
Permission name: CIFS server can read user passwords
Granted rights: read, search, compare
Effective attributes: ipaNTHash, ipaNTSecurityIdentifier
Bind rule type: permission
Subtree: cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=casalogic,dc=lan
Type: user
Granted to Privilege: CIFS server privilege
Indirect Member of roles: CIFS server

ipa-getkeytab -s kenai.casalogic.lan -p cifs/tinkerbell.casalogic.lan at CASALOGIC.LAN -k /tmp/samba.keytab

samba.keytab copied to samba server.

on samba server (tinkerbell):
kdestroy -A
kinit -kt /etc/samba/samba.keytab cifs/tinkerbell.casalogic.lan
ldapsearch -h kenai.casalogic.lan -Y GSSAPI uid=th ipaNTHash

SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
SASL username: cifs/tinkerbell.casalogic.lan at CASALOGIC.LAN
SASL SSF: 56
SASL data security layer installed.
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=casalogic,dc=lan> (default) with scope subtree
# filter: uid=th
# requesting: ipaNTHash
#

# th, users, compat, casalogic.lan
dn: uid=th,cn=users,cn=compat,dc=casalogic,dc=lan

# th, users, accounts, casalogic.lan
dn: uid=th,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=casalogic,dc=lan

# search result
search: 4
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 3