[Freeipa-users] ipa-client on aws (amazon linux)

Prashant Bapat prashant at apigee.com
Wed Sep 2 05:52:48 UTC 2015

Hi,

Running a freeipa-client on Amazon Linux is a huge challenge. This is
because the client depends on SSSD which in turn uses Samba libraries which
Amazon Linux does not support. I tried this sometime back and gave up.
Instead we went with pam-nss-ldap route which works great with compat ldap
schema. Run the "ipa-advise" command for more details.

I'm running the pam-nss-ldap client on 2000+ servers in AWS with Amazon
Linux.

HTH.
--Prashant