[Freeipa-users] DNS Server

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Thu Sep 10 13:45:07 UTC 2015

On 10.9.2015 15:38, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what is the best way to include a external Nameserver for a IPA Host?
>
> My DNS (DNSSEC) server is running on a extra Instance (KVM) now I have setup a
> extra Instance for a IPA Master Server and I have now to include the CNAMe
> Server like "smtp.example.com CNAME imap.example.com" or cvan I do a other way
> to include this server?

Hello,

I'm sorry but I do not understand what you mean by 'include'.

FreeIPA itself requires bunch of DNS records to be added to whatever DNS
server you use - FreeIPA DNS is just an optional thing.

For ordinary hosts/FreeIPA clients it is up to you how you configure DNS,
there is no enforced requirement from FreeIPA side.

If you need further information then please describe what exactly are you
trying to achieve, what steps you did and what does not work. Of course we
also need to know on which OS version are you trying it and which version of
ipa-server package do you have.

Have a nice day!

--
Petr^2 Spacek