[Freeipa-users] Logging?

Janelle janellenicole80 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 15:05:16 UTC 2015

On 9/10/15 7:55 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
> On 09/09/2015 09:50 PM, Janelle wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone has played with thee extended logging of IPA and
>> specifically SSSD and the kibana dashboards they put together.
>> https://www.freeipa.org/page/Centralized_Logging
>>
>> I can't seem to get "clients" to send the login info
>> (https://www.freeipa.org/images/6/65/Rek-user-logins.png) , even though I see
>> the data in the logs, and was wondering if anyone has any tips?
>>
>> Thank you
>> ~Janelle
> Thanks for feedback, I am CCing Peter Schiffer and Jakub Hrozek who were
> involved more in the client parts.
>
> What did you run for configuring the client? ipa-log-config from
>
> https://github.com/pschiffe/ipa-log-config
>
> ?
Hi Martin,

Yes, I did run the log config tool. It works flawlessly on the IPA
servers, but although it claims it sets everything up on clients, I am
seeing no actual data, even though, there is data in the logs
themselves.. So I am busy trying to debug where rsyslog is missing
something. I am more of a syslog-ng  person, so I am having to learn all
the bits and pieces of rsyslog, and perhaps I am missing something.

To further help -- I have tried 2 methods of a client. One with a client
that was "enrolled" via standard ipa-client-install, and another
LDAP-only client, still using SSSD but only configured with LDAP
settings for Auth.

~J