[Freeipa-users] Using SSH from Active Directory machines for FreeIPA clients with kerberos tickets

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Mon Sep 14 07:48:25 UTC 2015

On Mon, 14 Sep 2015, Morgan Marodin wrote:
>The Pro edition.
>
>I've solved my connection problem, I have to specify manually the username (
>name.surname at ad_domain.com) with Microsoft SSPI.
>In this mode is ok, but using Putty "Use system username" do not works for
>me.
>

>I don't know why :)
A problem is in the fact that when you use PuTTY's 'use system
username', it does only provide unqualified name there, e.g.
Administrator, not AD\Administrator or Administrator at AD.TEST. On IPA
client side AD users are fully qualified and thus a user you are trying
to login to (Administrator) is not the same as the user you are
(Adminsitrator at ad.test).
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy