[Freeipa-users] Failed to start pki-tomcatd Service

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Tue Sep 15 21:00:56 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am in a similar boat, well RHEL6.7 to RHEL7.1.  I joined a RHEL7.1 / IPA4.1 to the 6.7 / IPA3.0 --self-cert domain, got rid of all the 6.7's so I was ca-less.  Did a full backup on the RHEL7.1 / IPA 4.1.  Blew away the ipa server, installed fresh, pki-tomcat runs, did a restore and pki-tomcat doesnt run.

btw what does --data do?  I tried that before a full restore and no passwords worked ie i could not login and no users worked at all, so it seems pointless? or maybe rather what is it for? and when to use it?

regards

Steven