[Freeipa-users] How to add multivalued attribute to UI

John Duino jduino at oblong.com
Wed Sep 16 19:08:05 UTC 2015

You shot right past me there, Rob. Forgive my ignorance but I'm not sure what you are referring to when saying "this configured", or what you are calling metadata.

What I included was the user plugin. The UI loads it without error. But it only supplies a single field (which is correct) that includes the label ("E-mail Alias") and the textbox with ONE of the mailAlternateAddress attributes for that user account.

An ldapsearch returns:

dn: uid=test4,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=domain,dc=com
mailAlternateAddress: xxx at domain.com
mailAlternateAddress: yyy at domain.com

For the CLI, useing "ipa user-mod --addattr=mailalternateaddress=blahblah <user>" (or --setattr or --delattr) work as expected, adding an additional entry of mailAlternateAddress for <user> (or removing, etc).

mailAlternateAddress is defined via the mailRecipient objectclass, which is included in FreeIPA v4.

My expected (eventually...not necessarily with how I've written the javascript) is that if there are no defined mailAlternateAddress attributes for a user that the Label will show with an 'Add' button alongside it (as E-mail address, Telephone Number, and Fax Number currently do). If one (or more) exists, then the field(s) show up with the appropriate value and a 'Delete' button at the end along with the 'Add' button for adding more fields.

Thanks!