[Freeipa-users] password resets - errors

Janelle janellenicole80 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 13:21:52 UTC 2015

Hello,

I continue to see these a lot, but only on some servers. It causes a lot
of confusions with my users. There must be a way to troubleshoot this
and find the issue. Also, there is nothing wrong with the password
policies. They are all set to default, and this occurs even when a
user's password has expired.  The only thing I can say is it tends to
happen on more heavily loaded servers than lightly loaded ones. And
perhaps the most important point - the password *IS* changed successfully!

Changing password for user expired-user.
Current Password:
New password:
Retype new password:
Password change failed. Server message: Current password's minimum life
has not expired

Password not changed.
passwd: Authentication token manipulation error

Thoughts? Anything?

~Janelle