[Freeipa-users] change CA subject or "friendly name"?

Anthony Clark anthonyclarka2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 15:43:17 UTC 2016

Hello All,

I'm in the process of deploying FreeIPA 4 in a development environment.
One of my testers has imported the ca.pem file into Windows, and indicates
that it displays as:

Issued to: Certificate Authority
Issued by: Certificate Authority
Friendly Name: <None>

This will unfortunately cause confusion among certain end users, so I was
wondering if there's a way to change those attributes?

Ideally without reinstalling everything, but thankfully we're still early
in the process so it's OK if do blow everything away.

Do I need to generate a new CA outside of FreeIPA and then use
ipa-cacert-manage to "renew" the base CA?

Thanks,

Anthony Clark