[Freeipa-users] Migration from 3.0 to 4.3.1 questions

Zak Wolfinger zwolfinger at myemma.com
Mon Apr 11 17:01:29 UTC 2016

We are running FreeIPA 3.0 (Dogtag 9) on CentOS and want to migrate to the latest version.

I understand that FreeIPA 3.1 introduced Dogtag 10 and there is no “upgrade” but can be accomplished as a “migration”.

However we are not currently using CA so that may simplify things.

Can I just do this?
1. Create a new  replica VM running 4.3.1
2. Make sure it syncs up with the 3.0 primary and test
3. Promote the new replica to primary
4. Remove all the old 3.0 replicas
5. Build new 4.3.1 replicas
6. ??
7. Profit

What do you experienced people think?  What am I missing?

Cheers,
Zak Wolfinger

Infrastructure Engineer  |  Emma®
zak.wolfinger at myemma.com <mailto:zak.wolfinger at myemma.com>