[Freeipa-users] Migration from 3.0 to 4.3.1 questions

Zak Wolfinger zwolfinger at myemma.com
Mon Apr 11 19:47:25 UTC 2016

> On Apr 11, 2016, at 12:09 PM, Martin Basti <mbasti at redhat.com> wrote:
>

> On 11.04.2016 19:01, Zak Wolfinger wrote:
>> We are running FreeIPA 3.0 (Dogtag 9) on CentOS and want to migrate to the latest version.
>>
>> I understand that FreeIPA 3.1 introduced Dogtag 10 and there is no “upgrade” but can be accomplished as a “migration”.
>>
>> However we are not currently using CA so that may simplify things.
>>
>> Can I just do this?
>> 1. Create a new  replica VM running 4.3.1
>> 2. Make sure it syncs up with the 3.0 primary and test
>> 3. Promote the new replica to primary
>> 4. Remove all the old 3.0 replicas
>> 5. Build new 4.3.1 replicas
>> 6. ??
>> 7. Profit
>>
>> What do you experienced people think?  What am I missing?
>>
> This may help
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html-single/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/index.html#upgrading <https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html-single/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/index.html#upgrading>
>
> There is covered migration form RHEL 6 to RHEL 7, it should work
> Martin

Since we are running FreeIPA on CentOS instead of IDM on RHEL, I’m not sure how this warning applies to our configuration:

WARNING
If any of the instances in your IdM deployment are using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 or earlier, upgrade them to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 before upgrading a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.0 IdM server to the 7.1 version or before connecting a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1 IdM replica.
anything to be concerned about here?

Thanks!

--

<http://www.marketingunited.com/?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=marketingunited>