[Freeipa-users] Adding FreeIPA to an existing infrastructure

Remco Kranenburg remco at crunchrapps.com
Tue Apr 12 10:14:53 UTC 2016

Thanks for all the pointers. I'm tentatively moving forward with a
CA-less and DNS-less IPA server, with Letsencrypt certificates. I think
this is also the setup that is used by the demo at
<https://ipa.demo1.freeipa.org/ipa/ui/>. Is there some documentation
about this setup? I'm trying to install a Letsencrypt certificate into
FreeIPA, but when I run the installation:

ipa-server-install --http-cert-file cert.pem --http-cert-file
privkey.pem --dirsrv-cert-file cert.pem --dirsrv-cert-file privkey.pem

It asks for my "Apache Server private key unlock password", even though
the key from Letsencrypt is not encrypted with a passphrase. When I
give a bogus password, it gives me another error:

ipa.ipapython.install.cli.install_tool(Server): ERROR    The full
certificate chain is not present in cert.pem, privkey.pem

Letsencrypt provides me with a few files: cert.pem, chain.pem,
fullchain.pem, privkey.pem. Even when I also add chain.pem and
fullchain.pem, it gives me the same error.

--
Remco