[Freeipa-users] Unable to setup FreeIPA and MIT kerberos cross domain trust

Sumit Bose sbose at redhat.com
Wed Apr 13 08:42:42 UTC 2016

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 06:56:51PM -0700, Vivek Shrivastava wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am trying to setup cross domain trust between FreeIPA and MIT Kerberos. I
> have already created krbtgt in the both FreeIPA and MIT Kerberos. I can
> successfully get Kerberos ticket from the both domains.However when I try

Which kind of tickets did you try, only TGTs or services tickets as
well? Have you tried

kinit user at TEST.COM
kvno server/host.test2.com at TEST.COM

i.e. to get a service ticket from TEST2.COM for a user from TEST.COM?
I'm asking because the error below "error Message is Integrity check on
decrypted field failed" looks a bit like the shared key in the
cross-realm TGTs (krbtgt/TEST2.COM at TEST.COM and
krbtgt/TEST.COM at TEST2.COM) are not the same.

HTH

bye,
Sumit