[Freeipa-users] Getting client status

Stephen Berg (Contractor) stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Thu Apr 14 12:28:43 UTC 2016

I'm looking for a command line method to get current status on a client
without having a ticket or authenticating to the IPA domain.

Back in the NIS days from a client you could run "ypwhich" and be able
to know if that system were bound to the NIS and which server it had
bound to.  So far I can't find a way to do a similar function in FreeIPA.

I'd to do this from a cron job on each client once a day.

We're running a mix of SciLinux 6.7 and 7.2.  The servers are all on 7.2
running ipa VERSION: 4.2.0, API_VERSION: 2.156.

--
Stephen Berg
Systems Administrator
stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil