[Freeipa-users] ipa-client-install errors

Gady Notrica gnotrica at candeal.com
Wed Apr 20 16:00:03 UTC 2016

Hello World,

I am having these errors trying to install ipa-client-install. Every other machine is fine and they IPA servers are functioning perfectly

Error trying to clean keytab: /usr/sbin/ipa-rmkeytab returned 1
Kerberos authentication failed: kinit: Improper format of Kerberos configuration file while initializing Kerberos 5 library

Then I have "Installation failed. Rolling back changes."

I have tried everything I know with no luck. Any idea on how to FIX this? Below is the full log.
Continue to configure the system with these values? [no]: yes
Error trying to clean keytab: /usr/sbin/ipa-rmkeytab returned 1
Skipping synchronizing time with NTP server.
User authorized to enroll computers: admin
Password for admin at IPA.DOMAIN.COM:
Please make sure the following ports are opened in the firewall settings:
     TCP: 80, 88, 389
     UDP: 88 (at least one of TCP/UDP ports 88 has to be open)
Also note that following ports are necessary for ipa-client working properly after enrollment:
     TCP: 464
     UDP: 464, 123 (if NTP enabled)
Kerberos authentication failed: kinit: Improper format of Kerberos configuration file while initializing Kerberos 5 library

Installation failed. Rolling back changes.
Failed to list certificates in /etc/ipa/nssdb: Command ''/usr/bin/certutil' '-d' '/etc/ipa/nssdb' '-L'' returned non-zero exit status 255
Disabling client Kerberos and LDAP configurations
Redundant SSSD configuration file /etc/sssd/sssd.conf was moved to /etc/sssd/sssd.conf.deleted
Restoring client configuration files
nscd daemon is not installed, skip configuration
nslcd daemon is not installed, skip configuration
Client uninstall complete.