[Freeipa-users] ipa-client-install errors

Gady Notrica gnotrica at candeal.com
Wed Apr 20 19:40:04 UTC 2016

Please find below the kr5.conf. Still has with original content.

[root at prddb1]# ipa-client-install

Discovery was successful!

Continue to configure the system with these values? [no]: yes

Kerberos authentication failed: kinit: Improper format of Kerberos configuration file while initializing Kerberos 5 library

Installation failed. Rolling back changes.

Failed to list certificates in /etc/ipa/nssdb: Command ''/usr/bin/certutil' '-d' '/etc/ipa/nssdb' '-L'' returned non-zero exit status 255

Disabling client Kerberos and LDAP configurations

Redundant SSSD configuration file /etc/sssd/sssd.conf was moved to /etc/sssd/sssd.conf.deleted

Client uninstall complete.

[root at prddb1]# cat /etc/krb5.conf

[logging]

default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log

kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log

[libdefaults]

dns_lookup_realm = false

ticket_lifetime = 24h

renew_lifetime = 7d

forwardable = true

rdns = false

# default_realm = EXAMPLE.COM

default_ccache_name = KEYRING:persistent:%{uid}

[realms]

# EXAMPLE.COM = {

#  kdc = kerberos.example.com

#  admin_server = kerberos.example.com

# }

[domain_realm]

# .example.com = EXAMPLE.COM

# example.com = EXAMPLE.COM

[root at prddb1]#

Gady

> Still can't enroll the client. Any suggestion on the errors below?

> /Kerberos authentication failed: kinit: Improper format of Kerberos

> configuration file while initializing Kerberos 5 library/

What does /etc/krb5.conf look like?

> Installation failed. Rolling back changes.

> /Failed to list certificates in /etc/ipa/nssdb: Command

> ''/usr/bin/certutil' '-d' '/etc/ipa/nssdb' '-L'' returned non-zero

> exit status 255/

This is unrelated to the enrollment problem.

rob