[Freeipa-users] Servers intermittently losing connection to IPA

Jeff Hallyburton jeff.hallyburton at bloomip.com
Thu Apr 21 13:44:47 UTC 2016

Sumit,

We found a resolution for this and I'm dropping it here for posterity.
After some digging, it turns out that our ipa server and ipa replica were
returning different IPs for systems in the environment in DNS requests (one
returned internal results, one returned external results).

After resolving this our intermittent connectivity issue went away.  So it
seems that in some cases, the incorrect IP was being returned for LDAP
requests.

One additional item found here, it seems that the timeout to resolve an
address (from the sssd logs) is 6 seconds.  Can this be raised?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Hallyburton
Strategic Systems Engineer