[Freeipa-users] does ptr records an admin have to take care of manually?

Martin Basti mbasti at redhat.com
Wed Apr 27 13:22:56 UTC 2016

On 27.04.2016 15:12, lejeczek wrote:
> hi,
>
> regular server install with --setup-dns
> then clients to follow, but I see there:
>
> Missing reverse record(s) for address(es):
>
> does that mean that by default server install process does not include
> reverse zones?
> These need to be set up manually/independently ?
>
> many thanks

Hello,
well this is warning for you, it depends on you if you want to create
reverse zone or not.

So if you need reverse records for IPA client, create the particular
reverse zone.
Probably you will need to enable syncptr feature
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/managing-dynamic-dns-updates.html#ptr-sync

Martin