[Freeipa-users] Quick question regarding modifying attributes

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Thu Apr 28 16:29:33 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 06:58:35PM +0000, Sullivan, Daniel [AAA] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a trusted AD domain that I am enumerating object via IPA.  I wanted to know if i should be able to manipulate the uidNumber and gidNumber stored in the default ID view via by using the ldapmodify command, for example, for this DN (not local):
>
> uid=user at domain.edu,cn=users,cn=compat,dc=ipatst,dc=cri,dc=uchicago,dc=edu

The compat tree is autogenerated and can't be modified.

If you want ID views to be applicable to clients using the compat tree,
you can define the overrides using the standard IPA CLI tools in the
"default Trust View", because that one is applied on the server itself
and the compat tree is autogenerated from the data that SSSD on the
server delivers.