[Freeipa-users] freeipa update changed my cipher set

Roderick Johnstone rmj at ast.cam.ac.uk
Thu Apr 28 17:16:20 UTC 2016

Hi

RHEL7 running ipa-server-4.2.0-15.el7_2.6.1.x86_64

A couple of months ago I updated /etc/dirsrv/slapd-XXX.XXX.XXX/dse.ldif
to customise the cipher suite in use by freeipa (see previous thread on
this list).

When the update to ipa-server-4.2.0-15.el7_2.6.1.x86_64 came in on April
14 it saved my dse.ldif to dse.ldif.ipa.87160d3fec74fa3f and reverted
some, but not all of, my changed settings in dse.ldif.

I'd like to understand what is expected to happen to this file on a
package upgrade (rpm reports that this file is not owned by any package
so I guess its manipulated by a scriplet) since at least one of my
changes was preserved.

Also, if I need to maintain a customised cipher suite for ipa, am I
required to only do yum updates of the ipa-server package by hand and
manually merge back in my changes, or is there a better way?

Thanks

Roderick Johnstone