[Freeipa-users] Account/password expirations

Steve Huston huston at astro.princeton.edu
Thu Apr 28 20:09:25 UTC 2016

Unfortunately I've been swapping tasks enough that I keep forgetting
where I left off here.  But I'm pretty sure the problem was that sssd
would stop a user who was disabled (as you mention) but not if they
were expired, either the account itself with krbPrincipalExpiration or
the password with krbPasswordExpiration.  I know that one does not get
a ticket automatically if using ssh public key authentication, which
is fine, but there's a specific mention in the link I referenced
(https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/sssd-pwd-expiry.html)
that basically if you do this, then sssd will consult for password
expiration and warn the user accordingly.  That's what I need to
happen, and would like it to be native IPA-ish calls, rather than LDAP
which is what I need to set it to if I want that functionality (which
then also causes other problems, such as losing HBAC and having to set
a filter I've yet to get right to allow users to login to anything).

So if there's a chance of swinging the vote the other way, I'll keep
beating my drum :D