[Freeipa-users] OTP and time step size

Prashant Bapat prashant at apigee.com
Fri Apr 29 10:37:55 UTC 2016

Hi Petr,

Thanks for the response. But my question was more towards the cases where
there is a slight delay in entering the OTP in the web UI and it reaching
the IPA server. This actually can happen with ANY time window.

There are couple of scenarios.

1. Network delays.
2. User enters the OTP token and takes a few seconds before pressing
submit.
3. User has to enter OTP first and then the password. This is the case when
changing password in IPA at the moment when OTP is on.

Is there a way to make IPA honor either the current token (obviously!) or 1
elapsed token?

This will go a long way in making FreeIPA's OTP implementation much more
usable.

Thanks.
--Prashant