[Freeipa-users] HBAC with Active directory group is not working

Ben .T.George bentech4you at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 15:37:26 UTC 2016

Hi

I have created 2 fresh users now and i was running below,

[root at freeipa log]# ipa hbactest --user "KWTTESTDC\jude" --host `hostname`
--service sshd
ipa: ERROR: trusted domain user not found
[root at freeipa log]# ipa hbactest --user "KWTTESTDC\muneer" --host
`hostname` --service sshd
ipa: ERROR: trusted domain user not found

but i can able to test with old users,

[root at freeipa log]# ipa hbactest --user "KWTTESTDC\Administrator" --host
`hostname` --service sshd
--------------------
Access granted: True
--------------------
  Matched rules: allow_all
  Not matched rules: ad_can_login
  Not matched rules: local_admin_can_login
[root at freeipa log]# ipa hbactest --user "KWTTESTDC\ben" --host `hostname`
--service sshd
--------------------
Access granted: True
--------------------
  Matched rules: ad_can_login
  Matched rules: allow_all
  Not matched rules: local_admin_can_login

Is there any sync time for trust.?

when i was trying ipa trust-fetch-domains, i am getting below

[root at freeipa log]# ipa trust-fetch-domains "kwttestdc.com.kw"
ipa: ERROR: error on server 'freeipa.idm.local': Fetching domains from
trusted forest failed. See details in the error_log

Thanks & Regards,
Ben

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 6:33 PM, Ben .T.George <bentech4you at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> yea my mistake.
>
> i was following u this
>

> http://www.freeipa.org/page/Active_Directory_trust_setup#Allow_access_for_users_from_AD_domain_to_protected_resources
>

> On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 6:03 PM, Alexander Bokovoy <abokovoy at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 29 Apr 2016, Ben .T.George wrote:
>>
>>> Hi List,
>>>
>>> I have working setup of one AD, one IPA server and one client server. by
>>> default i can login to client server by using AD username.
>>>
>>> i want to apply HBAC rules against this client server. For that i have
>>> done
>>> below steps.
>>>
>>> 1. created External group in IPA erver
>>> 2. created local POSIX group n IPA server
>>> 3. Added AD group to external group