[Freeipa-users] IPA server having cert issues

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Apr 29 17:04:50 UTC 2016

Bret Wortman wrote:
> We run with selinux disabled.
>
> # getenforce
> Disabled
> # restorecon -R -v /etc/httpd/alias
> # ipactl start
> Starting Directory Service
> Starting krb5kdc Service
> Starting kadmin Service
> Starting named Service
> Starting ipa_memcached Service
> Starting httpd Service
> Starting pki-tomcatd Service
> Failed to start pki-tomcatd Service
> Shutting down
> Aborting ipactl
> # ipactl status
> Directory Service: STOPPED
> Directory Service must be running in order to obtain status of other
> services
> ipa: INFO: The ipactl command was successful
> #

The problem is permissions. Try:

# chgrp apache /etc/httpd/alias/*.db

The mode is ok, Apache only needs read access.

The segfault is fixed upstream and actual usable error messages
reported. The init system doesn't see it as a failure because this
happens after Apache forks its children.

I'd also consider re-enabling SELinux eventually.

rob

> On 04/29/2016 12:25 PM, Christian Heimes wrote:
>> On 2016-04-29 18:17, Bret Wortman wrote:
>>> I'll put the results inline here, since they're short.
>>>
>>> [root at zsipa log]# ls -laZ /etc/httpd/
>>> drwxr-xr-x. root root system_u:object_r:httpd_config_t:s0 .
>>> drwxr-xr-x. root root system_u:object_r:etc_t:s0       ..
>>> drwxr-xr-x. root root system_u:object_r:cert_t:s0      alias
>>> drwxr-xr-x. root root system_u:object_r:httpd_config_t:s0 conf
>>> drwxr-xr-x. root root system_u:object_r:httpd_config_t:s0 conf.d