[Freeipa-users] ipa trust-fetch-domains failing.

Ben .T.George bentech4you at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 21:00:14 UTC 2016

Hi

Anyone please help me to fix this issue.

i have created new group in AD( 4 hours back) and while i was mapping this
group as --external, i am getting below error.

*[root at freeipa sysctl.d]# ipa group-add --external ad_admins_external
--desc "KWTTESTDC.com.KW <http://KWTTESTDC.com.KW> AD
Administrators-External"*
*----------------------------------*
*Added group "ad_admins_external"*
*----------------------------------*
*  Group name: ad_admins_external*
Administrators-External*
*[root at freeipa sysctl.d]# ipa group-add-member ad_admins_external
--external "KWTTESTDC\test admins"*
*[member user]:*
*[member group]:*
*  Group name: ad_admins_external*
Administrators-External*
*  Failed members:*
*    member user:*
*    member group: KWTTESTDC\test admins: Cannot find specified domain or
server name*
*Number of members added 0*