[Freeipa-users] Deleted Replica Problems

Ian Harding ianh at brownpapertickets.com
Wed Aug 3 18:06:56 UTC 2016

I deleted a replica that had a corrupted ldap database and it caused
some problems.  I'm now getting the dreaded

[root at edinburghnfs ianh]# ipa-replica-manage connect freeipa-sea.bpt.rocks
Connection unsuccessful: freeipa-sea.bpt.rocks is an IPA Server, but it
might be unknown, foreign or previously deleted one.

I had to go around and remove old replication agreements from the other
replicas, but then they could connect again.  This one, and another, I
am not able to do that with.  They were initially created with
freeipa-sea as their master.

I assume I run ipa-server-install --uninstall on edinburghnis, then
reinstall to fix?

There's always an error about having to "Manually remove" the ldap
database.  What's the best way to do that?

Thanks!

- Ian