[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA and AD trusts on the same DNS domain

Alston, David David.Alston at sabre.com
Wed Aug 3 18:52:13 UTC 2016

Greetings!

     That sounds like great news!   Just to make sure I understand correctly..

1. Any server managed by FreeIPA must NEVER have had a computer object associated with them in AD?  (even if it has now been deleted)
2. Active Directory must never know anything about a DNS domain freeipa.company.com (I'm not sure why)
3. My linux servers being managed by FreeIPA can still have the DNS domain company.com (instead of servername.freeipa.company.com)
4. Single Signon to the Linux servers using AD credentials will still work
5. (BONUS) I could even let AD trust user accounts created in FreeIPA?

--David Alston