[Freeipa-users] IPA and FIPS 140-2

Anon Lister listeranon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 16:38:39 UTC 2016

I'd also like to throw in that the requirements you are facing are likely
requiring FIPS Certified, not just compliant, as I'm somewhat familiar with
them. (800-53 or 800-171)

Essentially it will have to fall back on the FIPS compliant openssl
implementation, however I believe there are other crypto routines used in
free IPA that are used to protect the confidentiality of information? Can
we get a response from devs on that?

The crypto only has to be FIPS if protecting confidentiality is its use.
Crypto protecting integrity only does not need to be FIPS.

On Aug 4, 2016 9:27 AM, "Michael Sean Conley" <