[Freeipa-users] <hostname> is an IPA Server, but it might be unknown, foreign or previously deleted one

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Aug 5 15:50:02 UTC 2016

pgb205 wrote:
> so initially the setup was
> with ipa-server-03 having replication to ipa-server-02
> i have then decomissioned ipa-server-03 and setup a new one with the
> same name.
> right now replication is between ipa-server-03 and ipa-server-01 but i
> would want to add another
> replication agreement 02 and 03 same as before but am getting the error
> message.

Details, need details. What does decommissioned mean? What commands did
you run?

How were the current agreements created? ipa-replica-manage,
automatically when one was created as a replica of another?

> All systems are centos 7 so I'd expect freeipa to be the latest version.

Latest doesn't mean anything, especially if someone finds this thread in
the future.

rpm -q ipa-server

rob