[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA LDAP Directory Extenion

Deepak Dimri deepak_dimri at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 9 09:06:18 UTC 2016

Thanks Martin, This helps!
i also like this link https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html-single/Administration_Guide/index.html#extending-the-schema
would you know how can i access "Directory Server Console" what file i need to run to open it how its given in this document
Regards,Deepak

Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] FreeIPA LDAP Directory Extenion
To: deepak_dimri at hotmail.com; freeipa-users at redhat.com
From: mbasti at redhat.com
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 10:15:47 +0200

    On 09.08.2016 10:08, Deepak Dimri
      wrote:

      Hi All,

        I want to extend my FreeIPA Directory Scheme - want to add
          a new ObjectClass and add few attributes to existing person
          ObjectClass. I see lot of places it is mentioned i can do it
          through 389-console command but i dont find it in my freeIPA
          server.  I am getting ObjectClass not found error when trying
          to add using FreeIPA admin gui configuration tab. Is there any
          documentarians steps available how schema can be extended in
          freeIPA using GUI or outside? I am not finding any helpful
          material on this and hence thought of checking with you all!

        Thanks,
        Deepak

    Hello,

    please read [pages 6-7]

    https://www.freeipa.org/images/5/5b/FreeIPA33-extending-freeipa.pdf

    You should *not* extend IPA objectclasses, you have to create own,
    otherwise we may and will break your schema during upgrade

    Martin