[Freeipa-users] sudo rules question on ubuntu 16.0.1

Jeff Goddard jgoddard at emerlyn.com
Wed Aug 10 17:44:09 UTC 2016

I've got a freeipa domain and many centos 7.2 clients. I also have a sudo
rule that allows member of the developer group sudo rights on virtual
servers in the "development" group. This works great on the centos servers.
However, I recently set up 3 ubuntu boxes, and added them to the IPA domain
and then to the "development" group. My sudo rules fail. I've enabled
debugging and I see in the /var/log/sssd/sssd_sudo.log that the clients
connects to the server, identifies group memberships, and finally prints
"returning 1 rules for [user at domain.com]. We only have the single rule so I
can't figure out why it's not working. Can someone point me in the correct
direction?

Thanks,

Jeff