[Freeipa-users] sudo rules question on ubuntu 16.0.1

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Fri Aug 12 12:37:21 UTC 2016

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 08:31:52AM -0400, Jeff Goddard wrote:
> Jakub,
>
> I apologize for my ignorance, can you give me the syntax for that? In the
> file I created I only added the statement "debug_level=9". Adding a
> "log_file=/var/log/sudo.log" statement does not produce a file. Googling
> for syntax returns a bunch of results for the sudoers file. Also of note,
> digging around and looking at the auth.log file I see entries such as this:

As described here:
    https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/HOWTO_Troubleshoot_SUDO

 a) How do I get sudo logs?
     Open /etc/sudo.conf and put down the following lines:
         Debug sudo /var/log/sudo_debug all at debug
         Debug sudoers.so /var/log/sudo_debug all at debug

    Run sudo

    File /var/log/sudo_debug contains sudo logs