[Freeipa-users] sudo rules question on ubuntu 16.0.1

Jeff Goddard jgoddard at emerlyn.com
Sun Aug 14 21:16:56 UTC 2016

Just some additional information, this is a default install however as a
modification after running the ipa-client-install executable I followed
these instructions  so that users get an automatically-created home
directory:

https://debian-administration.org/article/403/Giving_users_a_home_directory_automatically

I greatly appreciate your time and efforts on this problem.

Jeff

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 2:16 PM, Jakub Hrozek <jhrozek at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Pavel, can you help us with this thread?
>
> > On 12 Aug 2016, at 21:57, Jeff Goddard <jgoddard at emerlyn.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 3:53 PM, Justin Stephenson <jstephen at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> > In the CentOS/RHEL 7 version of sssd, a NIS netgroup is created
> automatically in the IPA compat tree under 'cn=ng,cn=compat,$suffix'
> because sudo has no understanding of hostgroups.
> >
> > You should be able to query this on a client with
> >       # getent netgroup office
> >
> > This should return nisNetgroupTriple for each host in the hostgroup
> >      (ipa-client-1.example.com,-,example.com) (ipa-client-2.example.com
> ,-,example.com)
> >
> > I would check this in your environment between working and non-working
> systems.
> > I believe in later versions of sssd they added IPA sudo schema support
> to eliminate the need for the compat tree so this could be related to the
> issue if newer ubuntu clients are not working but CentOS is working.
> >
> > What version of sssd are you running?
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Justin Stephenson
> > On 08/12/2016 02:35 PM, Jeff Goddard wrote:
> >> I made the edit as suggested - removing nis and just leaving sss -
> restarted sssd and then re-tried. I also tried with files sss. Still
> getting the same result.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Jeff
> > The query returns the expect results:
> >
> >  getent netgroup office
> > office                (docker-dev-01.internal.emerlyn.com,-,internal.
> emerlyn.com) (docker-dev-02.internal.emerlyn.com,-,internal.emerlyn.com) (
> docker-dev-03.internal.emerlyn.com,-,internal.emerlyn.com) [more hosts]
> >
> > sssd version is 1.13.4
> >
> > Jeff

Jeff