[Freeipa-users] Limited "self" registration to IPA and an IPA group

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Tue Aug 16 07:29:20 UTC 2016

On 16.8.2016 00:34, Steven Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have a request to do limited automatic/self provisioning of users provisioning to specifc server.  The idea is a lecturer would setup students  into IPA and select a specific user group from a limited drop down menu.
>

> Is this possible to do such provisioning a very tied down / limited access with the std IPA or would that need a custom web page/ application into the API (or what ever)?

FreeIPA currently does not have pre-baked user interface to do this.

If you really want, it should be possible manually tune IPA permissions (or
LDAP Access Control Instructions directly) to do what you are asking for.

If you decide to implement this, feel free to ask this list - we will try to
help you.

If you don't implement this youself, you can use
for tracking purposes.

--
Petr^2 Spacek