[Freeipa-users] ipa-server-install ERROR: IPA CA certificate not found in ...

Zarko Dudic zarko.dudic at oracle.com
Tue Aug 16 18:00:19 UTC 2016

Thanks Rob. This command creates the CSR.

# ipa-server-install  --subject
'OU=CorpArch,O=Corporation,L=Town,ST=California,C=US' --external-ca

And verification with command :

# openssl req -in /root/ipa.csr -noout -text

... shows "Subject: C=US, ST=California, L=Town, O=Corporation,
OU=CorpArch, CN=Certificate Authority"

Since the CN is unconfigurable, how it's expected to be signed by 3rd
party external CA, they usually want to see FQDN.

Can you please provide more details (or ref URL) about "right CA
extensions". Thanks in advance.

--
Thanks,
Zarko