[Freeipa-users] KDC returned error string: NOT_ALLOWED_TO_DELEGATE

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed Aug 24 20:32:30 UTC 2016

Linov Suresh wrote:
> Look like our issue is discussed here, and *is **missing one or more
> memberPrincipal*.
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2013-April/msg00228.html
>
> When I tried to add the Principal, I'm getting error,

You didn't follow the instructions in the e-mail thread. The problem
isn't a principal that doesn't exist, it is a principal not in the
delegation list. Do the ldapsearch's and see what is missing (and you'll
need to use -Y GSSAPI instead of -x) then add it using ldapmodify.

Only under very specific circumstances would I ever recommend using
kadmin.local.

rob