[Freeipa-users] ipa trust-fetch-domains missing

Chris Moody chris at node-nine.com
Wed Aug 24 21:01:23 UTC 2016

Hello.

Wanted to first take a quick moment to thank everyone for their
contributions on making this such a slick packaging and integration of
components.  FreeIPA is a welcome systemthat has been needed for a LONG
time.

I'm running into some trouble in completing my AD-trust setup.

I've followed the guide here:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Active_Directory_trust_setup

but am not finding the command 'ipa trust-fetch-domains "ad_domain"'.

What concerns me is the statement " With this command running
successfuly, IPA will get information about trusted domains and will
create all needed identity ranges for them." - does this imply that if
this command is NOT run that the creation of the mentioned identity
ranges does not occur?

The following command in the guide (ipa trustdomain-find "ad_domain")
also does not exist, but what appears to be a variant of it (ipa
trust-find) does return these results:
=====
[root at ca1-infra-ipa1 ~]# ipa trust-find
---------------
1 trust matched
---------------
   Realm name: ad.XXXXX.com
   Domain NetBIOS name: AD
   Domain Security Identifier: S-1-5-21-754923713-4108838501-2041013861
   Trust type: Active Directory domain
----------------------------
Number of entries returned 1
----------------------------
=====
[root at ca1-infra-ipa1 ~]# ipa trust-show "ad.XXXXX.com"
   Realm name: ad.XXXXX.com
   Domain NetBIOS name: AD
   Domain Security Identifier: S-1-5-21-754923713-4108838501-2041013861
   Trust direction: Two-way trust
   Trust type: Active Directory domain
[root at ca1-infra-ipa1 ~]#
=====

I'm just wanting to confirm whether or not the 'trust-fetch-domains'
command that's listed in the guide is essential to complete the AD trust
setup or if it's simply providing an informational output.

Thanks,
-Chris